Official Benediction Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Official Benediction Forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Evile Signs with Earache Records

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EvileOL

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2006-08-26

Evile Signs with Earache Records Empty
PostSubject: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyFri Oct 20, 2006 2:09 pm

Earache Records has announced the signing of fast-rising young U.K. thrashers EVILE. The group just completed is triumphant performance at last weekend's Damnation Festival, where they slayed the crowd on the Jagermeister stage, as openers for THE HAUNTED, SKINDRED and BIOMECHANICAL.

EVILE formed two years ago in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, U.K. by brothers Matt Drake (vocals/guitar) and Ol Drake (lead guitar), along with Ben Carter (drums) and Mike Alexander (bass) and have since rapidly picked up a rabid following, eager to enjoy a night of heads-down, no-nonsense thrash.

While unsigned, EVILE were hand-picked to play two prestigious U.K. festivals in the summer of 2006 — Bloodstock Open Air and most recently, Damnation Festival — both to great acclaim from fans. Now the band will spend the rest of the year gigging far and wide, and expect to record and release their debut album on Earache early in 2007. Meanwhile, check out EVILE's demo and pictures at its MySpace page: www.myspace.com/evileuk

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=60479
Back to top Go down
Hops

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyWed Oct 25, 2006 9:54 pm

so well, congratulations for the new contract :) -
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hopsgoyh
Dave

Dave

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyThu Oct 26, 2006 8:43 pm

Fair play to you. Was the deal sealed with the Earache people at Damnation? Saw them milling around but was too busy drinking to go and speak to them!
Back to top Go down
EvileOL

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyFri Oct 27, 2006 11:59 pm

Cheers!

it was sealed the day before, but they already planned on having an Earache stall at the fest.

Didn't know you were there Dave, you didn't happen to catch our sloppy efforts?
Back to top Go down
frank h

frank h

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptySat Oct 28, 2006 10:57 am

you probably did see dave but didn't realise it ! did you notice that big brute of a skinhead singing with mistress ? well that was him !!! me and dave also saw you lot at the bloodstock fest.congratulations on the deal.let us know of any gigs in birmingham and we will be there to support you.
Back to top Go down
frank h

frank h

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptySat Oct 28, 2006 11:05 am

oh nearly forgot ol,on the exodus tour nick (drummer) is the tour manager/drum tech. go say hello.tell him you are in regular contact with me and dave and to treat you well !!!
Back to top Go down
doom_sayer

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 9:32 pm

congrats buddy, i know you guys have been working hard gigging for a while, I still I havent got round to seeing you live yet but I'm sure I will definately in the future seeing as with any luck you will get on some good tours!
Back to top Go down
EvileOL

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 1:22 am

Cheers doom sayer, hope you can make it to a gig!

yo frank. I fucking missed Mistress for having to get fucking gear out through the front door whilst people were coming in, weyhey! :(

We're playing in Burrrrrrrrrmingham on the 6th january at this re-animator metal night at a place called Chapter Eleven. Never been there before but sounds good. Will try say hello to Nick! but i'll be being more wary of Mr Holt's fist if he hears our homeage to exodus and takes it the wrong way haha.

METALALLALLlmn!"py$(!)y$)$$$$
Back to top Go down
Hops

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 3:00 am

frank h wrote:
oh nearly forgot ol,on the exodus tour nick (drummer) is the tour manager/drum tech. go say hello.tell him you are in regular contact with me and dave and to treat you well !!!

he was also the tour manager this summer when they were in Germany and on the UpFromTheGround Festival (Morbid Angel)...just wanted to say somethin' :D
Back to top Go down
doom_sayer

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyFri Nov 03, 2006 1:24 am

i think he was tour manager for Nile on some recent tour as well...if memory serves me right thats how he fucked his hand or ankle or something in due to getting in a fight in a bar while on that tour...feel free to correct me if im wrong, my memory is hazey on the subject
Back to top Go down
EvileOL

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyThu Nov 09, 2006 12:40 pm

That exodus gig was awesome, was too scared to say hi to Mr Barker, he's huge hahaha.
Back to top Go down
frank h

frank h

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyThu Nov 09, 2006 6:01 pm

he's a big fucking teddy bear.soft as fuck he is !!!
Back to top Go down
Hops

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyFri Nov 10, 2006 2:08 am

frank h wrote:
he's a big fucking teddy bear.soft as fuck he is !!!
...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ...... ......
Back to top Go down
EvileOL

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records EmptyMon Nov 13, 2006 12:48 pm

On Myspace, Steven [Pit Monkey] posted a link to a video of his from our show at the HARD n HEAVY FEST at Bradford Rios on the 7th October 2006. It's only short and the sound is terrible but thought you might wanna see! Can't find the actual link but if you log onto www.myspace.com/evileuk it's in his comment on the page!

Also whilst looking on youtube I found 3 more videos, taken by Bloodstream drummer Adam Goldsmith. Check 'em out.

Part of Killer from the Deep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgWjHQ2XME
Part of Russian Roulette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxxwWaz42bQ
Ben - Russian Roulette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp9ChMVRthU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evile Signs with Earache Records   Evile Signs with Earache Records Empty

Back to top Go down

Evile Signs with Earache Records
Page 1 of 1